Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Packing our Bags for Cocoa Beach

The weather is cold this year -- we're looking at 63 degrees when we arrive in Cocoa Beach on Friday. This is almost a last minute junket for us: my surgeon approved my return to work for March 11, two weeks later than the date I had requested.

We decided to spend 10 days in Florida. It will be great to go outside without having to worry about slipping on the ice, and I'm looking forward to exercising in the pool. My goal is to walk without a cane by the time we return. And no limp! The limp is very tiring and it's throwing off my posture.

Because we didn't book our flights until two weeks ago, the condo rental market had dried up and we had to make a hotel reservation. Not feeling very adventurous, we decided to stay at the Hilton, a hotel we know from the Friday night seafood buffet we've enjoyed on previous visits.

No comments:

Post a Comment